Many homes keep Reader’s Digest in the bathrooms. This is a shame! This magazine is such a sophisticated compilation of current events, brain-teasers, and inspiring stories; the bathroom seems like such an insulting location! Anyway, one of my fav’s in RD is “Word Power.” Leaders have power, so do words, so leader-power & word-power go hand-in-hand. This month, RD pulled 14 (of the 100) new words officially added to the Webster dictionary.
Tell me how you scored and I’ll tell ya how I scored! Good luck!
- abaya (n.) – A: loose-fitting robe. B: rice dish. C: temporary inactivity.
- viewshed (n.) – A: political observation. B: visible environment. C: border watchtower.
- bobo (n.) – A: online posting error. B: bourgeois bohemian. C: devoted friend.
- yellowcake (n.) – A: rich severance package. B: deadly fungus. C: uranium ore.
- andropause (n.) – A: drop in air pressure. B: decrease in testosterone. C: time during computer restart.