It was my first year in college, and I had become indifferent and careless about eating and exercise. Consequently, I went from a size 10 to a size 14/16. That year was as a rude awakening with my weight, since then, I’vestayed awake to it. Some thoughts:
1. I pray alot that God give me the discipline to eat right, to help my family eat right, and to exercise. I pray because my body is God’s house, so I need God to be the master of it.
2. I don’t keep crap in our house. If junk food isn’t in our house, it can’t be in our mouths.
3. I do some kind of exercise everyday. I’m in a tough season right now. I have two boys who get up at 6:15am and require my attention til 8pm. So 2 hours of daily exercise just ain’t happenin’ – but even if its just 15 min. of yoga, it’s something. And God knows my heart…and this season.
4. I do keep a scale in my bathroom. Because I do have the propensity to gain weight, I want to be responsible and proactive with my weight. I have a range and I want to stay in it.
5. Desserts are a huge weakness for me. Lately, I’ve been trying to stay away from them completely. Substitutes that seem to be working are: chewing gum, drinking something hot, and not keeping them in the house.
6. Lately, I’ve felt convicted about never eating breakfast, that nudge set in when DJ asked me why he has to eat breakfast, but I don’t. So as much as it makes me gag, I’m really trying to start my day with breakfast.
Well, those are my thoughts. I’m not an expert on this stuff, but if you are, please send some expertise this way!