- Prostrate: to cast (oneself) face down on the ground in humility, submission, or adoration.
- This word is used 13 times in the Old Testament of the NIV.
- Tonight I read them all.
- This one spoke the loudest: “the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who has knowledge from the Most High, who sees a vision from the Almighty, who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened“ (Num. 24:16)
- I wonder why prostrating was more of an action in the OT than the NT?
- I wonder if it’s just a thing of the past?
- I wonder if God wishes it was more part of the present?