- Carry around a small scribble pad and scribble verses in it that pertain to your mind. Reference it, memorize it, say it aloud when driving and this will keep your mind in good God-shape! (i.e., Philippians 4:8, Psalm 3:3, Isaiah 26:3, 2 Corinthians 10:5, Colossians 3:2, Romans 12:2, Isaiah 50:7, Isaiah 43:18-19, Philippians 4:6)
- Read “Battlefield of the Mind” by Joyce Meyer and “Thinking for a Change” by John Maxwell
- Weekly, do a couple Crossword Puzzles or play a few games of “Words with Friends.”
- Take an entire week to log every single sin you’ve ever done in your entire life. Pray throughout the week that God will let them come to mind. Take the journal with you every where you go, so that as you recall them, you can log them. Then, after you’ve purged & logged all that crap, shred that journal & never look back on it again! (my therapist had me do this once. It was healing & liberating)
- If you are having a hard time falling asleep because you are worrying, fall asleep praying. Intentionally lay there and talk to God. This surprisingly does 3 things: helps you sleep, empties your mind of worry, gives God the chance to carry it.
RANDOM-BONUS: I so appreciate you driving by my blog. Many of you don’t comment, and I get it! A lot of these posts aren’t “commentable.” But would you join me on my Facebook page? Just click here to like it: https://www.facebook.com/HeatherFunkPalacios