I’ve been a woman for 38 years now. I am not the expert, but could we agree I’m a little more than an amateur? Cool! Then please allow me to share 5 honest, abridged things guys need to know about us. Here we gooooo!!! 🙂
- We DO get moody that time of the month. We get bloated, we get zits, we eat bad, we double our bathroom visits. All that is reason enough, alone, to be moody. We are sorry we are, but please don’t have too high of an expectation that we shouldn’t be.
- True, generally speaking, we are more “emotional” than you. But don’t make that assumption with all of us. I, personally, am not an emotional person. Passionate? Yes. Emotional? No. Raul has done a great job of figuring this out, accepting it and navigating it. Guys, be sure to know your girl! 🙂
- No matter how much we play it down, I think our birthday IS a big deal. I’ve seen this a 100 times. Woman tells man don’t make a big deal out of my birthday. Man takers her literally. Man pays for it for a month. 🙂
- We age & with that comes change. Women are WELL aware of their changes (excess hair, vertical lines around the mouth, horizontal lines across the forehead; more moles; saggier boobs; raisin-hands, you get the idea.). We have to live with the descent of our youth every day. So your compliments mean a lot. There’s no one we’d rather get a compliment from than you.
- The bible says, “You want but you do not ask.” LOL! It’s funny, but that actually translates to us, too. You want wifey to do something for you? In the kitchen? In the bedroom? With the finances? Ask her! Because the other adage is also true, “ask and ye shall receive!” (& ladies, help me out here. If your man asks nicely, hook him up, yo!) 🙂