I’m reading, “Bringing Up Boys,” for the second time. I love the list of sexually-moral verses the author gives us to share with our kids (when they’re old enough). Please don’t take this list as a harsh-God giving unfair-expectations. These verses are from God’s love letter. He’s your Father, and you are His favorite kiddo. And He knows the best way to have “it” and follow “its” rules, because He’s the one who created “it.” 🙂
1) Matthew 15:19, For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, all sexual immorality, theft, lying, and slander.
2) Romans 1:24, So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies.
3) Romans 13:13, Because we belong to the day, we must live decent lives for all to see. Don’t participate in the darkness of wild parties and drunkenness, or in sexual promiscuity and immoral living, or in quarreling and jealousy.
4) 1 Corinthians 6:18, Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
5) 1 Corinthians 10:8, And we must not engage in sexual immorality as some of them did, causing 23,000 of them to die in one day.
6) 2 Corinthians 12:21, Yes, I am afraid that when I come again, God will humble me in your presence. And I will be grieved because many of you have not given up your old sins. You have not repented of your impurity, sexual immorality, and eagerness for lustful pleasure.
7) Galatians 5:19, When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures,
8) Ephesians 5:3, Let there be no sexual immorality, impurity, or greed among you. Such sins have no place among God’s people.
9) Colossians 3:5, So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world.
10) 1 Thessalonians 4:3,God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin.