Unlike my Cuban, who is a fabulous rule-follower, I’m more likely to be a rule-breaker. I don’t intentionally break rules, I just don’t like them. That being said, there are five rules I want to live by, or at least strive to. Of course, these are much easier typed than lived. By blogging them, I run two risks: being held accountable if I break one OR having you call me out because you saw me not live one. I have to be okay with both inherent risks. But without further ado—from three decades of experience, good and bad—they are:
- Forgive the person who hurt you.
- Encourage the person who isn’t as good as you.
- Compliment the person who is better than you.
- Love the person who hates you.
- Worship the One who created you.