Recently I ran into one of the sweetest, godliest people, on a bad day. This person wouldn’t cry, but I could see tears hanging on the rims. Not wanting to pry too much, I offered to email my 5 verses for bad days. I LOVE these verses. And this next step might seem crazy (but consider the source) 🙂 If you are having a bad day, I suggest writing these (not typing, but actually picking up that long skinny object called a pen) and writing these on a little piece of paper and pocketing it. Yes–carry it in your pocket. There’s something comforting about carrying God’s love and compassion in your pocket. It is literally a pocket full of sunshine. Which is perfect on a bad day.
1) The Lord will perfect that which concerns me. Psalm 138:8
2) He will be our peace. Micah 5:5
3) He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11
4) Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalm 143:8
5) The LORD helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. Psalm 145:14